Mizan is an Arabic word that means balance. By using traditional reproductive healing techniques, Mizan Therapists seek to restore balance when life feels unbalanced – physically, emotionally or spiritually.
“There is no other organ quite like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it. So should we” – Ina May Gaskin
Do you suffer from menstrual pain? Is it difficult to have a smear test? Are you struggling with fertility issues? Do you have PCOS? Do you have digestive problems, or IBS? Are your menopausal symptoms embarrassing? Have you had any abdominal surgery, including caesarean section? Are you pregnant or just had a baby?
Symptoms that may be eased by Mizan
There are many symptoms that can be helped with Mizan Therapy; problems of the reproductive system, the digestive system and emotional blockages.
Mizan Therapy uses traditional reproductive healing techniques to gently guide the reproductive organs back into their place. When the womb is in her optimum position, she no longer restricts the circulatory flow of blood, lymph, nerves and qi energy. The body is primed for homoeostasis – that is, the body wants to be in balance. Mizan Therapy assists the body in restoring its natural balance.
Mizan benefits your physical health by restoring the free flow of the circulatory systems, relieving congestions and blocks. It is also beneficial to your emotional health, relaxing and easing muscles tightened by tension and anxiety. Mizan Therapy is gentle, non-invasive and external. We never try to physically move the womb back into position, but by bringing fresh, oxygen and nutrient-rich blood to the pelvis the supporting muscles and ligaments are able to heal and repair, bringing the womb back into her rightful position.
Mizan is an effective treatment, healing on physical, emotional and even spiritual levels.
Symptoms that can be helped with Mizan Therapy
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Painful menstrual cycles
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Perimenopause, menopausal symptoms
- Fertility problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic congestion, pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Digestive problems
- Low energy
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Benefits of Mizan Therapy:
- Mizan increases the circulation to reproductive organs, i.e. the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes, which helps to promote hormonal balance
- It helps to reposition a misaligned uterus, which itself helps to increase circulation of blood, lymph, nervous system and qi
- Cleanses the body of any toxic build up from congested circulatory systems
- Helps to break down scar tissue
- Aids the digestive system to be more efficient which then removes and prevents toxic build up in the body and enhances the immune system
- Helps women to connect with their wombspace
Benefits of Mizan Therapy for specific conditions
- Repositions the uterus
- Balances the hormonal system
- Enables the uterus to cleanse herself of old blood, including clots
- Increases blood circulation to the uterus
- Reduces toxicity and inflamed tissues, which eases pain
- Eases stress, anxiety and emotional trauma that can lead to irregular cycles
Fibroids, polyps, endometriosis:
- Repositions the uterus, making menstruation more efficient
- Promotes hormonal balance and feedback between the uterus and ovaries
- Encourages rich, oxygenated blood to the reproductive organs
- Breaks down scar tissue and adhesions
- Strengthens the liver to enhance metabolism of hormones
- Rebalances the hormonal system and helps the feedback system between the reproductive organs
- Clears congestion
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Can break up scar tissue within the fallopian tubes
- Can eliminate fluid build up in the fallopian tubes
Egg and sperm health:
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries and testes
- Can increase the quality and quantity of sperm
- Can increase libido
- A relaxed diaphragm helps the digestion of food
- Helps speed up the elimination of waste through the digestive system
- Releases trapped wind and bloating
- Promotes bowel movements to eliminate waste and prevent the body from re-absorbing toxins means for elimination
- Eases stress for a more relaxed digestive system
- Helps to increase confidence in intuition – that gut feeling
- Helps the body to let go of past trauma
Eases stress and anxiety
Mizan Therapy should not be performed under the following circumstances:
- While you are menstruating.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are trying to conceive, Mizan should not be performed after ovulation has occurred. It can be done between the end of menstruation and the start of ovulation.
- If you currently have cancer of the uterus or cervix.
- If you have an IUD fitted